"CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.2 (Froyo) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.
his is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.
Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!"
"Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.
Latest version: 6.1.2-z71 (18/12/2010)
Apply this patch to fix camera app: Patch_Cam_CM-6.1.2-Z71.zip thanks to han
Google Addon: MDPI-20101020
Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!"
How to upgrade from Rom 2.1 to Rom 2.2:
1) Install the Oficial ROM 226D using the TOOLS (RUT or SUT)
2) Get the "RomManager" app from market or download here
3) In "RomManager" select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery"
4) Select "Commtiva Z71" phone (compatible with Boston and clones)
5) Copy the rom update-cm-6.1.2-Z71-signed.zip and the Google Apps zip file to sdcard
6) In "RomManager" select "Install ROM from sdcard" and choose the Rom file
7) Select "Install ROM from sdcard" and choose the Google Apps zip file
8) Reboot in Recovery Mode (camera+vol up+power)
9) Wipe All phone data
10) Enjoy Froyo :)
Note: To make the battery last longer, remove the widget Weather and News from the homescreen.